Leading your life strong with a God-inspired vision.
One of the things I learned late in life is that a life lived without vision leads to a life without direction, passion, purpose or significance.
Vision Sets Direction
In order for me to lead my life well, I must first have a vision in mind for where I believe God wants me to GO, who I believe He wants me to BECOME and the work I believe He wants me to DO. After I have His vision, THEN I can start setting S.M.A.R.T.E.R. GOALS. Check out this helpful blog post by Michael Hyatt as you prepare to set your God-inspired goals. And if you need a worksheet to guide ya along the way, check out this one or this helpful goal setting guide.
Which do you desire more? Success or Significance?
As you look to 2020, do you want to live a life that is FULL of SUCCESS or do you want to live a life that’s FULL of SIGNIFICANCE?
- Success is winning but significance is helping others win.
- Success leaves a fingerprint on society but significance leaves a fingerprint on souls.
- Success is often ego-driven but significance is always servant-driven
- Success is adding value to mySELF whereas significance is adding value to PEOPLE.
Your True North
Here’s the one word I’ve chosen for every area of my life that will serve as my ‘true north’ (or orienting point) in 2020. It is these orienting words by which my God-inspired goals will be established using the S.M.A.R.T.E.R. goal framework. My vision word for each of my life areas listed below is:
- Spiritual: Fruit-FULL (Jn. 15:8; Gal. 5:22-23)
- Financial: Seed-FULL (2 Cor. 9:10)
- Emotional: Faith-FULL (Heb. 11:1)
- Mental: Peace-FULL (Is. 26:3; Phil.4:7)
- Relational: Purpose-FULL (Prov.16:4)
- Physical: Health-FULL (2 Jn.1:2)
- Professional:/Career: Meaning-FULL (EPH 2:10)
- Podcast/Blog Ministry: Impact-FULL (Acts 1:8)
Live a FULL Life
The LORD gave me this answer: “Write down clearly on tablets what I reveal to you so that it can be read at a glance. Put it in writing, because it is not yet time for it to come true. But the time is coming quickly, and what I show you will come true. It may seem slow in coming, but wait for it; it will certainly take place, and it will not be delayed. And this is the message: ‘Those who are evil will not survive,+ but those who are righteous will live because they are faithful to God.” (Habakkuk 2:2-4)