Rioting is the Language of the Unheard
”Certain conditions continue to exist in our society, which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear?
- It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years.
- It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met.
- And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about JUSTICE, EQUALITY and HUMANITY.
- And so in a real sense, our nation’s summers of riots are caused by our nation’s winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again.
- Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention”
God reminded me of this scripture last night that I wanted to share with you. “Blessed [spiritually calm with life-joy in God’s favor] are the makers and maintainers of peace, for they will [express His character and] be called the sons of God.” Matthew 5:9 AMP
Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice.” Proverbs 31:8-9 NLT