3 Secrets for Rising Strong and Transforming Your Life
Stuck and Weary
All of us have (or will) will experience seasons in life when we feel tired and broken down from the storms and trials of just living. But the key is making the decision to persevere and rise up. For some storms and struggles in life, we may find ourselves weak and unable to rise up. There are some things we simply can’t handle on our own. And it’s in those moments and situations of weakness when we are to call upon God to step in.
The Rising Strong Process
In the Reckoning phase, we start assessing and processing what could be keeping us stuck in our ruts. This is about recognizing how our thoughts (our personal narratives) are triggering our emotional reactions and responses. The reality is we need the Spirit of God to reveal to us what’s really going on in our hearts and minds because our hearts are deceitful and will lie to us (Jer. 17:9).
In the Rumbling phase, we confront the story we’ve been making up about our struggles, challenges and pit experiences. But it doesn’t end with acknowledgment. This phase requires you to start confronting and challenging the lies (or story) you’ve been telling yourself (about the situation or people in the story) and replacing it with God’s story (His truth). In this phase, we tear down every lie that has kept us stuck in our pit and we choose to believe the best rather than the worst in others and our situations.
In the Revolution phase, we adopt God’s story for our lives and ask Him to write a new story for our lives. It is in this phase that we can rise up with God-Confidence knowing His story for us is filled with goodness beyond what we could ever think, dream or imagine. In the revolution phase, we are able to boldly rise up out of our pits BECAUSE of the ONE who pulls us out of it. This phase is not about self-reliance or self-confidence–it’s about God-reliance and God-confidence.
So Now What?
- Be honest with where you are, how you got there AND the feelings that go along with it. It’s about taking personal responsibility and not playing the victim.
- Wrestle with every lie or story you’ve been telling yourself about your current self and future self. This requires you to take every lie/false narrative captive and replace it with God’s goodness and truth.
- Get into God’s story and trust His ability to set you free from yourself and anything else keeping you stuck from becoming more like Him. This is about exchanging your story (personal narrative) for God’s story as revealed in His Word.
Life Lesson from Abraham
Romans Chapter 4 (the Message version) depicts the rising strong process in the life of Abraham. The turning point in Abraham’s life was when he trusted and believed God would fulfill His promise over his life. Even when everything around him looked hopeless. Abraham dared to trust God to do what only God could do. And he decided he would not live on the basis of what he couldn’t do, BUT on what God said he would do.
Abraham’s pit was his impotence. But he didn’t focus on his impotence and say “the promise is hopeless.” He didn’t doubt God’s promise and plans because he knew the fulfillment of the promise depended entirely on trusting God. Although his reality said he could never be a father in the natural, God’s reality says nothing is impossible, too difficult or too hard for God (Lk. 1:37;Lk. 18:27; Jer. 32:27). For Abraham, it was all about placing his hope and trust in God-reality with God-confidence.
Rising up with God
Reflecting on the Rising Strong Process in Christ
The Secret to Life Transformation
The secret to getting unstuck and transforming your life is found in your surrender to God. It’s about partnering with God by entering into your transformation process by faith. Because ultimately, it’s God who transforms you. Ps. 120:1 tells us that God will answer us when we call out to Him in our distress. He is our refuge and our strength, an ever-present help in times of trouble (Ps.46:1). There is no rut He can’t pull you out of. All you need to do is call on Him for help and He will do the rescuing.
Sharing is Caring
- Did you enjoy this post? Please share by clicking the social media share button below 🙂
- Interested in similar topics? Be sure to check out my archives HERE
- Was something I said helpful to you? I’d love to hear about it! Share your story with me HERE
- Want to receive weekly encouragement to spur you on in your life? Be sure to subscribe HERE
- Want to be notified when new content and NEW resources are available? Click HERE
Additional Resources for Getting Unstuck
- Looking to rise up out of the rut in your work life? Grab my FREE career thrive-guide to help you assess your career well-being and develop a plan to start thriving at work. I don’t want you to just survive through your work days. I want you to THRIVE! Be sure to check out my post on how to thrive at work.
- Looking for a THRIVE TRIBE on social media? Be sure to follow me on IG and our online thrive tribe on Facebook to receive more encouragement, motivation, and inspiration for your personal, professional and spiritual life.
- Looking for additional insight and resources on discovering your unique purpose, be sure to read this blog post and grab my self-reflection guide so you can gain the clarity you need on your unique purpose.
- Like to hear more about Brene Brown’s Rising Strong process, check out this episode from Oprah’s SuperSoul Sunday.